- Proficient in use of:
Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Word Perfect, Quattro Pro
PhotoShop, Corel Draw, Acrobat Pro, PageMaker, Visio
Premiere, Vegas, After Effects, Acid Pro, Nero
Flash-and GIF Animation-Production:
LiveMotion, Image Ready, GIF Gear
FireFox, IE, Netscape
Google, Yahoo, Dogpile, Wikipedia, etc.
Image capture and OCR of documents for text or database
Web Site Programming:
Quicken, SPSS (when it was DOS-based)
- Experienced user:
Windows NT, 98, 2000, XP systems
- Competent installation of hardware and software applications
- Produce Technical Documentation for use of computer systems and programs,
allowing co-workers to take over operations in case of absence
- Newsletter Editor during a nine-year period:
Responsible for writing editorials, news and feature articles,
contracting for articles, coordinating volunteers, proofreading and
ghosting articles, as well as producing photos, illustrations, and layout
- Produce Articles for Magazines, Newspapers, and Web sites
- Author Film Scripts, and Script Doctoring for others
- Co-Designed and Executed a National Survey: assessed and published results
- For many film, video, stage, and radio productions I have managed contracts, cast, crew, transportation, locations, equipment, costumes, food service, and publicity.
- I have also managed personnel and supplies for a medical clinic, food coop, vegan restaurants, a cold storage operation, and arts departments for summer camps.
Photographer / Videographer / Filmmaker
- Photography, filmmaking, animation, drawing, theater, T'ai Chi, and Shiatsu in a college setting
- Computer system and program operation in informal settings
- Arts and crafts head counselor during seven summer camp seasons, and after-school programs
- Photographer since 1960 - Presently use digital imaging systems exclusively
- Film and video since 1968 - Currently work with digital video, and produce DVDs
Office Management, Marketing, Web Programmer
- Natural Health Medical Clinic - Dr. John F. Ruhland, ND - 2002-ongoing
Provide marketing concepts and execution.
Edit and format business cards, newsletters, office documents.
Program the Web site.
Reception, billings, filing, answer phone, schedule appointments.
Suggest office systems and physical layout improvements.
Web Site Editor and Programmer
Audio Visual Services - 1970-ongoing
- UW Medicine-Physicians, IT Services - Jan-Oct 2005
Perform file transfer (via FTP, Web, and BBS), data entry, and bookkeeping.
Create detailed documentation for program operations and procedures.
Work closely with other team members to insure compatibility of shared data.
Recommended and implemented problem-solving programs and equipment.
- Web Site Design and Programming
- Video and Video Editing
- Audio Recording
- Photography and Retouching Services
- Writing for Articles, Ads, Newsletters, Script Doctor
- Copy and Art for Brochures, Posters, Ads, etc.
Acting, Puppetry, some American Sign Language, Illustration, Tíai Chi practitioner, Script Doctor, Watch Repair, Rabbit Wrangler.
- Ed.D. and M.Ed., University of Massachusetts
(Doctoral thesis based on leading 130 theater workshops)
- B.F.A., Massachusetts College of Art (painting major)
- Theater and movement workshops with Carolee Schneeman and Yvonne Rainer
- Theater workshops with The Open Theater, Manhattan Project, and The Living Theater
- Certificate in Clock and Watch Repair, San Francisco Community College
- FCC Restricted Radiotelephone Operator Permit