Sweet Corn Productions is devoted to highly entertaining|
presentations that affirm self-esteem and social equality.
Video Galleries on: • Sweet Corn • Vimeo • YouTube • Digital Production • Image Galleries • Image Retouching • Puppet Productions
• Script Doctor • Web Programming • Shop • About Demian’s Résumés: • Directing • Writing • Visual • Acting
Clarify and enhance your film or theater script.
This service is for scripts needing a seasoned writer / director / actor / newsletter and copy editor to give you feedback, as well as concrete suggestions for improvements.|
I fix spelling, punctuation, and grammar. I look for plot holes, lost plot threads, and character consistency. I check for lengthy descriptions of camera angles and POV minutia, that can be converted into brief notes, and into the more useful, and meaningful, character dialogue.
I can suggest a log line for the script.
I read your script and tell you things your film and theater pals wouldn’t dare tell you.
What I do is to make sure your script is ready to win contests, inspire producers, investors, directors, and cast members to attach to your project.
- “What is the motivation for this person to get completely undressed?”
- “The characters’ desperation needs to be expressed in the dialogue, not a stage direction.”
- “There is a plot thread missing: Whatever the hell happened to Baby Jane?”
- “This character is far too inconsistent, or is this a remake of ‘The Three Faces of Eve?’ ”
I read the script through once before making any suggestions. On subsequent readings, the comment process depends on the type of document you send me. For a Word document, for instance, I indicate deletion suggestions with a line-through — which looks like this:
- MS Word - I can make comments in the document - or text can be changed directly for grammar spelling and format.
- PDF (Acrobat) - Your original text will not be changed, but comments can be made directly pointing to the text.
- Sophocles (script formatting) - I will export the text and make comments in a Word document.
- Hard copy, paper script - Mark-up is done directly to the script, which is then returned to you.
old text — and yellow marking indicating the replacement text.
- Rate: $4 a page for fully written scripts. Fees negotiated for scripts needing major rewrites or development.
- Send check or money order to Demian, Seattle, WA.
- Sending your script file attached to an e-mail: email@example.com
- If you send a hard copy paper script, please enclose a self-addressed, stamped envelope.
Radio, Theater, Film and Video Scripts Written by Demian
My editing and writing experience includes making comments, suggestions, and extensive re-writes for numerous radio, theater, film and video productions. The range of productions include entertainment, documentary, promotional and corporate categories.|
Produced Films and Videos written by Demian
Produced Theater Scripts Written by Demian
Speculation Feature Film Scripts written by Demian
- Space Opera (aka: Streaking Across the Universe)
Sci-Fi / Political Musical Comedy
- Detective Smoothies (aka: The Adventures of Squinch Ezzer and Skinny Flint: The Case of the Indiscriminate Pickpocket)
- Gilgamesh & Enkidu
- Phil’s Fortune
- Summer Camp Job
- Scaredy-Kate and the Monsters — or — How to Pay the Rent
Children’s Marionette Opera - music by Joseph Haydn
Musical Sci-Fi Comedic Drama - music by Georges Bizet
Founded by Demian in 1971, Sweet Corn Productions has developed and produced a broad range of video, film and radio drama, as well as live productions and workshops throughout New England, in San Francisco and Seattle.|
Demian, has been a Photographer, Filmmaker, and Videographer since 1965. He has experience photographing drama, dance, mime, music, interviews, and documentaries. Demian has a Doctorate in Education, and is available for a free, initial consultation about your project, suggesting the most cost-effective technical solution.
Call Demian at 206-935-1206 to discuss how|
Sweet Corn can serve your needs.